Several people have been asking me where we are living.
Until our apartment is ready we are staying at the Westin Hotel in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD). The hotel is gorgeous and very centrally located. The hotel is part of the redevelopment of Sydney’s historic General Post Office in Martin Place, and the grand interior of the former post office was kept intact throughout the building. Our room is elegant and unique, with really high ceilings and windows. We're comfortable here, although I don’t recommend long-term stays in hotels. I’m a little sick of room service food and eating out.
The gym is a health club separate from the hotel, so I've been going to group classes (which are always packed) and swimming.
We met an 86-year-old local, Frank, at a pub this weekend who he said that this is where George Bush stays when he comes to Sydney. Not sure how reliable Frank is, but it is a really nice hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment