Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yup, I'm a blogger now...

I decided that instead of sending delayed email responses to my loved ones, which has unfortunately become my s.m.o., I'd set up a blog which you - if you're interested - can check when you feel like seeing what I've been up to, or if you're bored!

A brief recap - London is fabulous!! Terry finally got here last week, and we have been settling into our flat, seeing the sights, and generally having a blast since. My coursework is getting busier, but not so busy that I haven't been enjoying myself. Terry's got some visitors coming this wknd and is going to a Chelsea match. Meanwhile, Jen and I are going to see Footloose the musical - seriously!!

Here are some pics from Halloween...

We are getting ready at Jen's flat - she's my friend from BC who I stayed with until Terry got here - with Lisa (the bee), Jen's British friend from PWC. Jen's not a lame unarmed bobby cop though - she's got a (confetti) gun. While they drink, I'm trying to figure out how to get my broom to work....


The feather eyelashes were hysterical!! Unfortunately, they don't do Halloween properly here... we were actually heading to a party hosted by Americans.

I can't very well end my inaugural post without making a brief mention about yesterday's triumphant victory!!!! I am absolutely giddy about the midterm election results... I am brimming with excitement, but I'll be brief... the Patrick-Murray team will be great for Massachusetts, fresh start and all that, and the Mass. delegation must be absolutely reeling that they woke up this morning as senior majority members. We've waited a long time for this, and now it feels like 2008 is right around the corner. I look forward to hearing that we won in Montana (nice job, Annalee!!) and Virgina - fingers crossed. Thought the day would never come, but it's here......... lame duck!!

Ok, enough politics chat... I really need to get back to writing my global warming paper. One more pic, though... this is me with my sparkler on Guy Fawkes Night…

I'm terrified of sparklers! Did I have an incident with fire as a child? Briefly, Guy Fawkes is a celebration held all over the UK ever year on November 5th that celebrates the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, in which a group of Catholic conspirators (including Guy Fawkes) attempted to blow up Parliament in 1605, when the Protestant King James I was there. There are fireworks and whatnot, very much like he Fourth of July.

ta-ta for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leenie:

Love the site, you guys look like you are having a blast. I was hoping I could download some pics of the homies (Sheil and the kids) but I guess I'll just have to email them to you.

Have you toured the Tower yet. I don't know what it was, but I loved that place.

Have you found your way over to Bond Street and Kennsington Heights. I love that area !

Talk soon

UT

Anonymous said...

UT was saying he was the only one that sent comments ha got him.
I love your blog and it's so good you update often. We missed you yesterday but I am glas we all got to talk to you but we forgot to say Hi to T. Hi T Happy Turkey Day
Love you both
Ma

Anonymous said...

Leeny,
You guys are the most adorable couple. Looks like you are having the time of your life in London! Live it up girl!! Miss you!
Love,
Bethy