The show was incredibily upbeat and the 80s music was great. I wish I had pictures, but I got yelled at by an usher for using my camera.
Yesterday was closing day for the show in London, so we think the cast might've been extra-energetic. Also, they kept playing pranks on each other - some of which we understood, and some were clearly private jokes. Like when silly, unexpected things happened (off-stage ghost noises, American football players running onstage, an accordian player appearing during an inappropriate scene), the cast would break character and burst into giggles. We're pretty sure at one point they missed an entire scene because they couldn't stop laughing. It sounds distracting and chaotic but it was actually really funny and engaging. The audience was so into the show, by the end everyone was up and dancing. We had a great time!!
The night before, to back track, we went out to a pub in Hammersmith where we met up with Terry's friends from work (from the States). On Saturday Terry went with them to a Chelsea football match. He said it was like nothing he's ever seen before - the pubs before the game were packed, and everyone was chanting and really rowdy. And the game was just insane. The highlight of the game, he said, was a snack called a rollover - a footlong hotdog baked into a baguette, with ketchup already inside. A dream sandwich, I say. I might have to go to a game just for one of those!Today we're having a lazy Sunday, and I plan to 'crack on' with my many papers. xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment