Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a very nice Thanksgiving in London, even though being far from home made me miss everyone so much!! Terry and Jen kept me company of course, and Jen’s parents were here, so I was very grateful to be with them! Hope you had a wonderful day as well, and much to be thankful for!

I did go to classes on Thursday (which just felt sacrilegious!) but had to break my perfect attendance record (dork) and skip my last class for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate at a very posh restaurant called Christopher’s in Covent Garden, for those who’ve been to London before. While Terry and I were catching up with Jen and her parents at the bar beforehand, waiting to go up to our table, the American actor Hank Azaria came in and set right next to us! I was so excited… my only other celebrity sighting in London so far was Dustin Hoffman, and that was over a month ago! He and his family (or friends?) were seated very close to us at dinner as well, which gave us some nice dinner table discussions. We didn't bother him, just seemed crass on Thanksgiving!

Dinner was very yummy – a three course menu, pretty traditional, very fancy, and quite delicious. Not sure the Pilgrims had scallops and oysters at the first Thanksgiving though.

After dinner we went to a sports bar to watch American football – the place was packed with Americans!

Over the weekend I spent most of my time doing schoolwork while Terry watched football and played with his various fantasy teams. Saturday night we had quite the night on the town though. Jen and I went to a birthday party on a Thames River boat cruise. It was really fun, especially getting dressed up!

I wasn’t surprised that all the girls followed the black tie dress code to the nines, but I couldn’t believe that every guy was in a tuxedo (or a kilt)!

This weekend we are off to the Netherlands! I have a lot of school work to do before then, and yet another paper due this week (worth 80% of a course grade, so a very important paper actually). Hopefully I’ll have some fun things to post when I get back!

xoxoxo

p.s. Blogger isn't letting me post more than one photo from this weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to fix that soon!

No comments: