The few months before we left London were very hectic. While Terry was working hard I finished my degree program and completed an internship at Jane’s Information Group. Terry and I also celebrated our third anniversary!
In the time before we left I tried to take as many pictures as I could to remember our time there. Here are a few highlights. In reverse chronological order, in case you were wondering. Here's Terry at Heathrow, in the American Airlines lounge, waiting for our flight back to the states:
In the time before we left I tried to take as many pictures as I could to remember our time there. Here are a few highlights. In reverse chronological order, in case you were wondering. Here's Terry at Heathrow, in the American Airlines lounge, waiting for our flight back to the states:
Thankfully we had help moving. The movers came the day before we left, so all we had to do was pack up our (six) suitcases and they shipped off everything else for us.
Terry and I had a lonely but yummy Thanksgiving at a hotel restaurant in Mayfair. It was packed with Americans. Our waitress asked me to explain to her the meaning of Thanksgiving, which I was surprised at but happy to do! Here I am with my Key Lime Pie martini:
My university friend Tamara took us to her local rugby pitch to see a game. Terry loved it! Rugby is a really great (but violent) game. I can’t believe they wear so little padding.

Also, Terry and I went with a large group of his work colleagues to Vinopolis, a spectacular 2.5 acre site devoted to the world of wine, champagne, whisky, and beer. We went on a tasting tour of wine and spirits from all over the world. We even tasted absinthe – now legal in the states – and Terry especially enjoyed the Scotch Whisky section.
Also, we had a visit from my friend from BC, Sarah!!
Before we left we were also able to visit Brick Lane, which we had been meaning to do for some time. Terry and I went with some of my university friends for Indian food on Brick Lane, a long street in the East End of London, known as the heart of the Bangladeshi community.

While we were living in London I dragged Terry to open-air markets all the time. They have them on weekends all over the city, but they are all very different. In October we went to the market in Camden (where Amy Winehouse made her name). Camden Market is very punk rock (the Clash lived here in the 70s).


Also, Terry and I went with a large group of his work colleagues to Vinopolis, a spectacular 2.5 acre site devoted to the world of wine, champagne, whisky, and beer. We went on a tasting tour of wine and spirits from all over the world. We even tasted absinthe – now legal in the states – and Terry especially enjoyed the Scotch Whisky section.
When my internship at Jane’s ended in in the autumn, my friends there threw me a “leaving do”, as they call it in London. I’m not posting any of those pictures though! I loved interning there, I learned so much and met some really great people. I am very proud to say I helped launch Phase I of their new Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Assessments Intelligence Centre - http://www.janes.com/info/jcbrn2/index.html


No comments:
Post a Comment