Celebrity spotting is a major thrill of my life here. Poor Terry always gets a breathless phone call whenever I see someone famous. Bless him. I always get really excited when I see celebs out and about, and equally disappointed when I hear one of my favorite American celebrities has been here recently and they haven't inadvertently crossed my path. That's really the key to my celeb-obsession, I would never purposely go to a theatre or restaurant or the like with the sole purpose of meeting/stalking a famous person. I'm not a paparazzo, after all. Which ties into the second element of my celebrity tracking - I generally don't speak to or ask to take a picture with anyone I may see. Do I think I am too cool? Absolutely not. It’s just more of a Where’s Waldo type of activity for me. That said, in the following list I haven't included anyone we've seen in concert or at sporting events; these are all in-person sightings.
Drumroll!! Here's the list of celebs I've seen in London since we moved here*:
1. Dustin Hoffman, at a stationary store in South Kensington
2. Hank Azaria (the dog walker from Mad About You), at a restaurant
3. Nadine Coyle, from the UK girl band Girls Aloud, at a club
4. Zac Efron and the cast of High School Musical, on Oxford Street
5. Richard Schiff (he played Toby Ziegler in my all-time favorite show, The West Wing), at our grocery store
6. Sporty Spice (aka Mel C), leaving a photo studio in Soho
7. The Minnesota Timberwolves (yes, the entire team), at a rib joint
8. Brian, most recent winner of Big Brother UK, in Soho
9. Gordon Ramsay, at a bookstore in Picadilly
* These are not in chronological order of sighting, as I just made this list now and my memory is really not that good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment