Our trip to Ireland was absolutely wonderful! Terry and I went with my parents over the last week in July on a tour of southwest Ireland (Co. Clare and the ring of Kerry). Terry could only stay the first weekend, unfortunately. I found Ireland to be a beautiful country with kind, hospitable, and friendly people. We stayed at gorgeous hotels and a couple nights at a cozy B&B. While the experiences were definitely different, both had their benefits and we enjoyed ourselves. The food was outstanding, throughout, we had some truly memorable meals. The highlight of the trip though, I think, was the landscape - the sheer vastness of the countryside was nothing I'd ever seen before. Of course the best part of the trip was being lucky enough to see all this with my parents. We all can't wait to go back someday!
I wish I could convey how much we did, and saw! I'm not doing my usual trip recap because I'm devoting all my time to finishing my dissertation, due at the end of August. But here is a slideshow of pictures from the trip. I tried to pare them down but there are still a ton, as usual! After Ireland my parents came back with me to London and stayed here for a week. I'll be posting those pictures soon too. Hope all is well wherever you are reading this from!!
p.s. If you click on the slideshow, it's a link to the album, if you prefer viewing it that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment