As much as it pains me to talk about the weather, I have to say it - the weather was absolutely gorgeous this weekend in London... finally reached the low 60s! We made the most of it. On Friday night, Terry and I went out for a proper Indian meal. It completely slipped our minds that it was Good Friday (oops)! We ate so much food, and I am really surprised by how much I liked everything. Even the spicy stuff!! I would tell you what we ate but I can't remember any of the names.
Then on Saturday, Terry and I walked from our place to St. James Park and Green Park (where Buckingham Palace is). There were so many people out and about, enjoying the weather... we sat by the water and watched people. Then we headed up to Carnaby Street and Bond Street for some shopping. Afterwards, we ate some Mexican and saw a movie (The Good German, fyi).
Sunday morning we went to a Chelsea match!! It was great fun. Here I am with my Cheslea kit on, in the hallway on the way to the game...
Before the fun started, we enjoyed a full English breakfast. Here's Terry finishing his (he hates it when I take pictures of him eating)...
After hitting up some pubs before the game, we were off to the stadium...

The crowds were really fun, they sing songs and chants the whole time during the game. Unforunately Chelsea did lose the match, but we had fun anyways!

After the game, the loss didn't keep the fans from singing about their beloved team. They literally have a song for every scenario, it's great. Many of them have curse words though, slightly inappropriate for my blog!
It took absolutely forever to get out of the stadium, and everyone moved en masse down the streets. Unlike New Year's, they were very peaceful!
We took a rest for a few pints at one of the pubs along the way.
Ok, I think that's it! Wish I had more to report. This week has been pretty uneventful so far, I've been attending lectures and we've been preparing for visitors coming this weekend. They are friends from Terry's work. We have lots of fun plans, and all the boys are going to the Chelsea match on Saturday. Talk to you next week about it, take care!! xx

No comments:
Post a Comment